Due to continuing growth, we are recruiting for a Vehicle Technician to join Listers Toyota Cheltenham.
The hours of work are Monday to Friday, 08:30 - 17:30 as well as working Saturdays on a rota basis.
Our packages and pay plans are industry-leading and are reflective of each applicant's experience and skillset.
Our well-equipped and modern facilities provide a professional environment for our staff whilst delivering a seamless service to our customers. We also offer outstanding development opportunities, with ongoing training provided to help you reach your full potential as a Toyota Qualified Service Technician or Master Technician.
Role and Responsibilities
- Our technicians are responsible for the servicing, repair and diagnostics of all vehicles in the workshop, ensuring that all work is carried out to the highest standard first time.
- The main responsibilities would include electrical and mechanical repairs, including suspension, steering, brakes, wheel bearings, driveshafts, exhausts and air conditioning servicing.
- Additional responsibilities may include repairs and maintenance on EV and Hybrid vehicles such as the use of electronic diagnostic equipment, focusing on areas such as batteries, drive motor, auxiliary drive pack & control systems.
- You will have the ability to fit manufacturer accessories and audio equipment.
- You will have a full understanding of Customer Satisfaction and its impact on the business.
- You will be trained and able to operate additional systems, such as video reporting i.e CitNOW.
- You also will be able to complete all service paperwork to manufacturer and brand standards.
- Working closely with other members of the workshop team to constantly learn and share knowledge.
- We consider candidates from all backgrounds who have experience working in the Automotive sector as a Vehicle Technician, Mechanic, HGV Mechanic, HGV Technician, Motor Mechanic, Motor Vehicle Technician, Car Mechanic, HGV Fitter, Auto Electrician, MOT Tester or Apprentice Vehicle Technician to join Listers.
- Whether you work at an independent garage, fast fit centre, car supermarket or main dealer, we would be interested in talking to you.
- As a minimum you will hold or be working towards the final year of your Level 3 qualification in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.
- An Electric and Hybrid vehicle qualification or certification would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be provided.
- MOT License would also be beneficial but not essential.
- Full UK Driving licence.
- As long as you can demonstrate good mechanical and electrical knowledge and an ability to ensure all work is carried out to a high standard, we have the training and facilities to help you make the next big step in your career.
What we offer
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Group life insurance
- Staff discount on car servicing
- Listers Benefits – discounts on retailers, restaurants, cinemas & holidays
- Long service and loyalty incentives
- Staff referral scheme
- In-house, manufacturer & professional qualifications
Listers Toyota Cheltenham
Founded in 1979, Listers Group stands as one of the largest privately and family-owned motor retailer groups in the UK. There's a reason why this is the case, there are over two and a half thousand reasons, our team. Since the very beginning, our success has been a product of the fantastic people that work for us. This is recognised by representing some of the world's most prestigious car brands across the Midlands, Lincolnshire, Gloucestershire, Norfolk and Yorkshire. We support employees in all areas of the business, whatever your aspirations might be, so if you are looking for a career within the motor trade, automotive or car dealership sector, then please apply today. If you are looking for similar motor trade jobs, you can also join our Talent Bank.
Go to job list
As one of the most famous brands in the world, here at Toyota, we put ‘kaizen’ or continuous improvement at the centre of everything we do. From the impact we have on the world around us, to building cars, to the experience a customer has in our retailers, we are always looking for ways to make things better. We recognise the importance of our people to the brand and are recognised as one of the best in providing automotive training, our team will help you to develop your skills and realise your ambitions.
Joining the Toyota team means that you will have the opportunity to be at the heart of our innovative brand, and really make a positive impact at the retailer you work for.