“Left School, or are you looking for your next challenge? Ready to join the largest car company in the world?”
Toyota Apprentice Service & Maintenance Technician - SLM Toyota & Lexus Norwich
Does this sound like you? We are looking for ambitious individuals with:
As one of the leading Toyota Centres in the UK we are passionate about ensuring our customers are always put first every day, everywhere.
The Apprentice Service & Maintenance Technician Program offers you the opportunity to develop your career with one of the world's most prestigious companies and work alongside some of Britain's brightest young talent, as well as the chance to "earn while you learn". Toyota are the highest ranked Automotive Brand in the world and spend more on Research &Development than any other company, leading the way in Hybrid engine technology and innovation.
Whilst working for SLM Toyota & Lexus Norwich the program is delivered through the Toyota Academy, our outstanding learning & development organisation – the Program targets and develops high calibre people like you, who may have recently completed their education and are seeking the first rung of the ladder in a professional automotive career. Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will gain the Apprenticeship Standard Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) Level 3 qualification.
You will earn as you learn, because from Day 1 you will receive a competitive annual salary. Additionally, as soon as you graduate from the program you are rewarded immediately with a competitive benefits package and performance related bonuses.
To apply you must have:
Toyota prides itself on putting customers first and having the best team to support this, so why not join us?
Main duties include:
- Participating fully in all scheduled activities including the sessions at the Toyota Academy in Burnaston, Derby and the Atcham Training Centre in Shrewsbury.
- Keeping all your learning logs up to date and ensure that you are prepared for your learning reviews with your Manager, Mentor & Learning & Development Advisor.
- Carrying out foundation tasks common to all service and repair procedures
- Contributing to a safe and efficient workshop environment
- Accessing information such as wiring diagrams, technical data, and vehicle repair information.
- Using complex diagnostic, mechanical, and electrical measuring equipment
- Inspecting and preparing vehicles to quality standards
- Removing, repairing/replacing components to manufacturer’s specification
- Investigating vehicle faults and identifying their underlying causes
- Applying advanced diagnostic principles, and logical problem-solving techniques, using diagnostic tools, and standard testing regimes, to identify mechanical and electrical faults
- Getting involved with all activites that raise the profile of our Centre, such as those in the community promoting the Toyota brand and attracting new customers.
This role requires you to be professional, have a smart personal appearance and have high standards of verbal and written communication.
Vehicles are highly complex, and whilst no formal qualifications are required, you must be literate and numerate, with a desire to learn, and a genuine interest in vehicle technology.
Technically minded, practical, logical, able to listen, follow instructions, be willing to study and be able to work as part of a busy, fast moving team
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
- Able to work full time to carry out the role effectively and travel (for residential block release training)
Remuneration package includes:
- Contributory Pension/life assurance scheme
- Training and on-going development
- Opportunity for career progression
- Plus other excellent benefits/incentives as expected of a large organisation
At St Leonards Motors, we have a vast range of New and Used vehicles offers for you to decide from at any of our dealerships. Boasting over 60 years trading experience, the St Leonards Motors team are fully equipped to assist you in choosing your perfect car that will suit all of your requirements.
Ensuring your car is running perfectly is our main concern when you visit St Leonards Motors. Our team of manufacturer-trained technicians ensure that your car is running at its optimum and work with cutting-edge diagnostic and repair equipment to make sure that your car is off the road for as little time as possible meaning that you can drive away full of confidence.
As one of the leading car dealers across East Sussex, Kent and East Anglia, everyone at St Leonards Motors prides themselves on the excellent customer service we offer. Whether you’re buying your dream vehicle or getting a service, all of our staff are on hand to make the process as quick and simple as possible.
Lexus is a global luxury lifestyle brand that keeps Omotenashi, the Japanese spirit of hospitality, at the heart of what we do. From the beginning, we were determined to treat customers better than any other car company, treating every customers as they would a guest in their own home.
For over a number of years, Lexus has pioneered and perfected electrification, culminating in hybrid and electric cars that are exciting, efficient and durable. The ancient Japanese concept of 'Takumi' is essential to all that we do. It applies a subtle human touch to every aspect of Lexus' design and development, whilst keeping passion, spirit and the customer at the forefront of everything we do.
Joining the Toyota and Lexus teams means that you will have the opportunity to be at the heart of our innovative brands, and really make a positive impact at the retailer you work for.