As an Assistant Bodyshop Manager, you’ll play a key role in the progress of the business by meeting targets alongside the management team. Friendly and professional, you’ll inspire your team to make every customer’s experience at the dealership exceptional. With great technical knowledge and an eye for detail, you will oversee the repairment of vehicles completed to the highest standard with the customer in mind at all times. You will work in your team to achieve the Bodyshop targets, delivering excellent quality to the customer and without compromising safety.
You will be ensuring the effective and efficient operation of Bodyshop Department, be a natural people person who can build great relationships with customers, manufacturer partners and colleagues. Alongside your Bodyshop Manager, you will need to have the drive and determination to create and maintain a team that always delivers the best customer service.
What we need.
Team management and development
- Establish and agree individual targets for your team members to ensure everyone is aligned to their responsibilities and personal development.
- Ensure the bodyshop team attend all company and manufacturer training when it’s needed.
- Encourage, support and motivate the team, making it an enjoyable environment.
- Appraise & Coach the team to maximise their potential and the department’s success.
Deliver complete customer satisfaction.
- Ensure the bodyshop team deliver outstanding customer service by building rapport with customers, understanding their needs, guiding them towards the product or service that will best meet their needs.
- Schedule work to meet customer requirements taking into account bodyshop utilisation targets, job complexity and parts/materials availability.
- Update customer database to maintain accurate records of work carried out.
- Update customer on workshop progress constantly.
- Provide accurate estimates for bodyshop work, ensuring that the customer is fully aware of the likely costs and timescales involved.
Work as a full member of the Centre team.
- Manage the day to day operations of the Bodyshop department and chairing the production meetings.
- Manage and develop team by recruiting, coaching, developing and appraising them.
- Liaise with Parts department to ensure that they are liaising with Aftersales team when it comes to ordering parts and notify the customer on arrival in order to allow work to be scheduled and minimise parts stockholding.
Comply with Jemca process and standards
- Process and record warranty claims as per manufacturer’s requirements.
- Maintain tight control of cash debtors
- Continuously review and improve bodyshop processes and systems with the Bodyshop Manager and ensure the team follow them.
- Control and ensure maximum usage of courtesy cars, ensuring the customer is insured on a fully comprehensive policy.
Deliver your goals.
- Ensure the achievement of key targets specified within the budget.
- Carry out each job within the budgeted time as set out on job card – to maintain own labour productivity.
- Follow key processes to achieve specified quality and efficiency targets.
- Ensure vehicle returns are kept to an absolute minimum and that work being released is right first time.
Jemca Car Group is one of the UKs largest Toyota and Lexus dealerships, employing over 500 employees across sites in Greater London and Thames Valley. Owned by Toyota Tsusho Corporation, a global brand made up of over 428 companies with particular expertise in the automotive sector, we are specialists in our field and are committed to ensuring our customers receive the best experience and service when they visit one of our retail centres.
We believe actions speak louder than words and we set ourselves apart by recruiting fantastic people with a passion for our industry and a desire for success. We pride ourselves in providing our employees with the tools they need to deliver excellence whether that is through our investment in state of the art facilities and equipment or through our commitment to their personal and professional growth through our market leading development programmes. What's next? If you're a professional looking for a role with realistic career progression within a business that promotes positive change and development this is the role for you
As one of the most famous brands in the world, here at Toyota, we put ‘kaizen’ or continuous improvement at the centre of everything we do. From the impact we have on the world around us, to building cars, to the experience a customer has in our retailers, we are always looking for ways to make things better. We recognise the importance of our people to the brand and are recognised as one of the best in providing automotive training, our team will help you to develop your skills and realise your ambitions.
Joining the Toyota team means that you will have the opportunity to be at the heart of our innovative brand, and really make a positive impact at the retailer you work for.