John Roe Group Ltd have an exciting opportunity for full time MOT Vehicle Technicians to join their team based at their Lexus site.
Are you an enthusiastic, motivated person with experience from either a main dealer or an independent garage then we would love to hear from you!
The ideal candidate will:
- Have NVQ lv3 or equivalent qualification in motor vehicle engineering
- Have minimum 12months experience within a workshop as a technician
- Have a Full UK driving license
- Be MOT qualified .
The right candidate will have a flexible, can do approach to all areas of work, and in return for your hard work & commitment, we can offer competitive rates of pay, individual efficiency based monthly bonus and upsell commission & company pension. Your progression on our brand training platform means you can progress quickly in our Technician Training Programme whilst ensuring you maintain high standards.
This is a 40 hour per week position working Monday- Friday.
Summary of Purpose
Carries out all workshop work in an efficient and safe manner, to meet customer requirements and maximise workshop utilisation and productivity
Main responsibilities and duties
- Carries out vehicle services and repairs
- Works as part of the workshop team to carry out scheduled vehicle service and repair work, in accordance with TGB standards
- Examines vehicles and diagnoses non-routine defects, either in the workshop or during a road test, using a knowledge of the vehicles and technologies concerned
- Examines vehicles and reports defects against Department of Environment (MOT) and Vehicle Safety Report (VSR) standards
- Carries out each job within the budgeted time as set out in the Toyota Flat Rate Manuals – to maintain own labour productivity
- Works in accordance with workshop and Centre Health & Safety requirements
- Works with colleagues to maintain workshop standards of cleanliness and tidiness
- Takes personal responsibility for the daily maintenance of workshop equipment, and reports equipment defects or problems that need
What we offer
- To be Part of our Family
- Full, industry-leading training
- Clear Career Progression and Management Development Opportunities
- Basic salary depending on experience with earnings up to £40,000 OTE
- Full-time, permanent position
- 22 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays)
- Staff discount scheme
The John Roe Group employees over 100 people across four show rooms based over Lincolnshire and Humberside. Founded over 50 years ago we remain family owned Toyota and Lexus Dealerships obsessed with Customer experience.
We offer a professional but rewarding environment for our employees. We ask you to live and breathe our Core values and our aim is to help you achieve your impossible, with growth opportunity available to those that Stand out and get recognised – For the right reason!
Lexus is a global luxury lifestyle brand that keeps Omotenashi, the Japanese spirit of hospitality, at the heart of what we do.
From the beginning, we were determined to treat customers better than any other car company, treating every customers as they would a guest in their own home.
For over a number of years, Lexus has pioneered and perfected electrification, culminating in hybrid and electric cars that are exciting, efficient and durable.
The ancient Japanese concept of 'Takumi' is essential to all that we do. It applies a subtle human touch to every aspect of Lexus' design and development, whilst keeping passion, spirit and the customer at the forefront of everything we do.