We are currently on the lookout for a Workshop Controller to join our established team at Snows Toyota, Exeter.
As a Workshop Controller, you will be responsible for ensuring that all the work to vehicles in the dealership is carried out appropriately by assigning jobs to vehicle technicians and liaising with other departments within the dealership.
Your day will include:
Ensuring quality control by making sure the correct parts are ordered, conducting audits on the team’s work, and monitoring the general compliance.
- Helping in generating profit for the dealership.
- Managing and coach the team of vehicle technicians and apprentices, making sure targets and business objectives are met.
- Working with colleagues and other departments to ensure a seamless service for customers.
- Scheduling work to meet customer needs, considering workshop targets, the complexity of each job and the availability of parts.
- Providing estimates for servicing and repairs and setting timescales.
- Assist technicians with technical challenges to identify solutions.
- Ensuring that all work complies with DVSA, health and safety standards, manufacturer policy, as well as Snows company standards.
Have you got what it takes?
- Relevant City & Guilds, BTEC or NVQ accreditation or equivalent.
- Previous experience within the automotive industry, particularly workshop control or technician.
- Good organisational and leadership skill with the ability to delegate and motivate the team.
- Strong IT skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good Interpersonal skills - able to communicate well with customers and colleagues across different departments, both face-to-face and via email.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to work under pressure.
What is in it for you?
- OTE and bonus scheme.
- Full training and support to help you immerse yourself in the role and Snows values.
- 30 days holiday, inc. Bank holidays plus additional holiday entitlement as recognition of length of service with Snows at 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 years anniversary. (Pro rata for part time employees).
- Birthday day off
- Discounted MOTs, Service & Parts.
- Recommend a Friend Bonus/ Introducing a Customer Bonus.
- Life Assurance Benefit.
- Snows Contributory Pension Scheme.
- BEN – Employee Assistance Programme.
- Excellent development opportunities to learn & grow with Snows.
- Role dependant – tool box insurance /company car scheme/ Uncapped earnings potential through commission or bonus structures.
Hours of work:
Mon - Fri 08:00-17:30 (60)
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period; therefore, we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of applying then please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Based in the South and South-West of England, Snows Motor Group is an AM Top 50 automotive retailer covering 20 brands across 54 franchises. We differentiate ourselves from our competitors by delivering an exceptional level of service to both our customers and manufacturing partners.
As one of the most famous brands in the world, here at Toyota, we put ‘kaizen’ or continuous improvement at the centre of everything we do. From the impact we have on the world around us, to building cars, to the experience a customer has in our retailers, we are always looking for ways to make things better. We recognise the importance of our people to the brand and are recognised as one of the best in providing automotive training, our team will help you to develop your skills and realise your ambitions.
Joining the Toyota team means that you will have the opportunity to be at the heart of our innovative brand, and really make a positive impact at the retailer you work for.