We have a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to develop a career within an industry with one of the highest global marketing spends and at a company representing the world’s largest automotive brand.
We are currently expanding our business and are now offering an exciting opportunity to join the team, as Parts Advisor at our Bromsgrove branch. We will provide excellent training and genuine career progression opportunities in return.
Does this sound like you?
- Enjoy constantly meeting new people and building rapport and connections
- Have strong communication skills and enjoy presenting ideas to others
- Passionate about the automotive industry and want to work in the world’s biggest manufacturer
- Organised and flexible but hard-working
- Enjoy working as part of a team and assisting colleagues
If so, then read on for more detailed role information!
Key Job Competencies
Builds rapport and qualifies the customer’s requirements
- Listens carefully to customers to build rapport and understand their requirements (both stated and unconscious needs), working both face to face and over the telephone
- Uses a good understanding of the customer’s needs and the products that are available to guide them towards the product that will best meet their needs
- Quotes prices and availability of stocks and accessories to customers
- Encourages the sale of genuine parts and accessories whenever possible, acting on opportunities to sell additional products/services and market current promotions
Co-ordinates the centre’s stock holdings to agreed standards
- Monitors and maintains agreed stock/accessory levels, minimising VOR order levels where possible
- Orders parts on behalf of the Service team, including special orders i.e. grey import parts
- Checks all parts and accessories are in good order on receipt from supplier
- Returns code 50 and faulty parts, adhering to supplier return policy
- Ensures all parts and accessories are correctly stored and located
- Handles warranty claims processing (relating to parts issues), ensuring manufacturer's requirements are adhered to
- Completes all relevant administration promptly and accurately (including customer records and invoicing)
Works with the Service team to deliver a quality service to customers
- Ensures all Service personnel have access to parts needed to complete next day work schedule
- Liaises with Service on delivery of requested parts, to allow them to schedule work on customer vehicles and minimise the WIP holding
Trade sales opportunities
- Prospects to local trade and co-ordinates van deliveries
Works as a full member of the centre team
- Works with colleagues and other teams across the centre to provide a seamless service to customers (e.g. by informally observing and responding to the needs of customers who are not being attended to by other members of staff)
- Ensures opportunities for sales by other teams are followed up by the most appropriate specialist
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Sick pay
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
The Steven Eagell Group is an award-winning employer and Europe’s largest Lexus and Toyota retailer, with 32 locations across the South East, East of England and West Midlands. Our foremost objective is to offer complete satisfaction to every one of our valued customers.
As one of the most famous brands in the world, here at Toyota, we put ‘kaizen’ or continuous improvement at the centre of everything we do. From the impact we have on the world around us, to building cars, to the experience a customer has in our retailers, we are always looking for ways to make things better. We recognise the importance of our people to the brand and are recognised as one of the best in providing automotive training, our team will help you to develop your skills and realise your ambitions.
Joining the Toyota team means that you will have the opportunity to be at the heart of our innovative brand, and really make a positive impact at the retailer you work for.