Ready for an exciting career? With an award-winning employer?
We have a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to develop a career within an industry with one of the highest global marketing spends and at a company representing the world’s largest automotive brand.
We are currently expanding our business and are now offering an exciting opportunity to join the team, as Service Advisor at our Toyota Bedford branch. This is a full-time role, working Monday – Friday 8:00am – 6:00pm, with rotational Saturdays. We will provide excellent training and genuine career progression opportunities in return.
- Ensuring that we always provide the highest level of after sales customer care and satisfaction, giving the customer the best possible experience.
- Talks and listens to customers to build rapport and understand their service/repair requirements.
- Uses a good understanding of the customer’s needs to guide them towards the product/service that will best meet their needs.
- Provides accurate estimates for servicing and repairs, ensuring that the customer is fully aware of the likely costs and timescales involved and setting expectations accordingly.
- Introduces the customer to the appropriate technician to discuss details of the work that is required, where this will add value for both the customer and the dealership.
- Schedules work to meet customer requirements, considering workshop/body shop utilisation targets, job complexity and parts availability.
- Encourages the sale of genuine parts and accessories whenever possible, acting on opportunities to sell additional products/services and market current promotions.
- Works with colleagues and other teams across the centre to provide a seamless service to customers (e.g., by informally observing and responding to the needs of customers who are not being attended to by other members of staff)
- Ensures opportunities for sales by other teams are followed up by the most appropriate specialist.
- Ensures that each service or repair is followed up with a personal call to check the customer is happy with the service provide.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- A proven high level of customer service skills, and enjoyment in working with the people.
- Previous experience of working in customer service, preferably in an automotive setting but not essential
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex matters in understandable terms.
- Able to take initiative and ownership of issues with a proactive can-do attitude.
- Able to multi-task and switch between tasks whilst remaining organised.
- A team player who offers help and support to others.
- Willingness to learn and keep up to date with product and technical information.
- Thrives in a high-pressured environment.
- Full-time, permanent position
- Car Benefit Scheme (after successful completion of probation period)
- Comprehensive training provided.
- 22 days of holiday (+ Bank Holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Staff discount scheme
- Sick pay
- Health and wellbeing programme
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount
- Private medical insurance
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Store discount
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person
The Steven Eagell Group is an award-winning employer and Europe’s largest Lexus and Toyota retailer, with 44 locations across the Southeast, East of England, and West Midlands. Our foremost objective is to offer complete satisfaction to every one of our valued customers.
As one of the most famous brands in the world, here at Toyota, we put ‘kaizen’ or continuous improvement at the centre of everything we do. From the impact we have on the world around us, to building cars, to the experience a customer has in our retailers, we are always looking for ways to make things better. We recognise the importance of our people to the brand and are recognised as one of the best in providing automotive training, our team will help you to develop your skills and realise your ambitions.
Joining the Toyota team means that you will have the opportunity to be at the heart of our innovative brand, and really make a positive impact at the retailer you work for.