We are currently expanding our business and are now offering an exciting opportunity to join the team, as Parts Advisor at our Birmingham Lexus site. We will provide excellent training and genuine career progression opportunities in return.
Does this sound like you?
- Enjoy constantly meeting new people and building rapport and connections
- Have strong communication skills and enjoy presenting ideas to others
- Passionate about the automotive industry and want to work in the world’s biggest manufacturer
- Organised and flexible but hard-working
- Enjoy working as part of a team and assisting colleagues
If so, then read on for more detailed role information!
Key Job Competencies
Builds rapport and qualifies the customer’s requirements
- Listens carefully to customers to build rapport and understand their requirements (both stated and unconscious needs), working both face to face and over the telephone
- Uses a good understanding of the customer’s needs and the products that are available to guide them towards the product that will best meet their needs
- Quotes prices and availability of stocks and accessories to customers
- Encourages the sale of genuine parts and accessories whenever possible, acting on opportunities to sell additional products/services and market current promotions
Co-ordinates the centre’s stock holdings to agreed standards
- Monitors and maintains agreed stock/accessory levels, minimising VOR order levels where possible
- Orders parts on behalf of the Service team, including special orders i.e. grey import parts
- Checks all parts and accessories are in good order on receipt from supplier
- Returns code 50 and faulty parts, adhering to supplier return policy
- Ensures all parts and accessories are correctly stored and located
- Handles warranty claims processing (relating to parts issues), ensuring manufacturer's requirements are adhered to
- Completes all relevant administration promptly and accurately (including customer records and invoicing)
Works with the Service team to deliver a quality service to customers
- Ensures all Service personnel have access to parts needed to complete next day work schedule
- Liaises with Service on delivery of requested parts, to allow them to schedule work on customer vehicles and minimise the WIP holding
Trade sales opportunities
- Prospects to local trade and co-ordinates van deliveries
Works as a full member of the centre team
- Works with colleagues and other teams across the centre to provide a seamless service to customers (e.g. by informally observing and responding to the needs of customers who are not being attended to by other members of staff)
- Ensures opportunities for sales by other teams are followed up by the most appropriate specialist
- Full-time, permanent position
- Car Benefit Scheme (after successful completion of probation period)
- Comprehensive training provided.
- 22 days of holiday (+ Bank Holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Staff discount scheme
- Sick pay
- Health and wellbeing programme
Full-time - Monday to Friday 8:30am-17:30pm with 1 in 2 Saturdays on a rota basis, working hours: 8:30am - 13:00pm
Lexus is a global luxury lifestyle brand that keeps Omotenashi, the Japanese spirit of hospitality, at the heart of what we do.
From the beginning, we were determined to treat customers better than any other car company, treating every customers as they would a guest in their own home.
For over a number of years, Lexus has pioneered and perfected electrification, culminating in hybrid and electric cars that are exciting, efficient and durable.
The ancient Japanese concept of 'Takumi' is essential to all that we do. It applies a subtle human touch to every aspect of Lexus' design and development, whilst keeping passion, spirit and the customer at the forefront of everything we do.