John Roe Group Ltd have an exciting opportunity for a Master Technician to join their team based at their Grimsby site.
Are you an enthusiastic, motivated person with experience from either a main dealer or an independent garage then we would love to hear from you!
You will be the expert in carrying out diagnosis, servicing, and repair work on customer vehicles. You will be confident in liaising with service advisors, customers and management ensuring excellent service, setting an example and supporting the service team members with your knowledge & experience. We believe in offering a seamless customer experience so quality and pride in your work is essential.
This role is full time 40 hour per week with Saturdays on a rota basis.
- Formal qualification in Automotive City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3
- Highly experienced as a vehicle technician/ master technician
- Delivers high standard of finish & takes prides in their work.
- Ability to diagnose & return vehicle systems to manufacturer specification
- MOT qualified desirable
- UK drivers licence
- Carry out repairs and maintenance on customer vehicles of all calibre
- Complete major electrical and engine repair work to brand standards
- Liaise & communicate with the customer when necessary
- Carry out road tests of customer vehicles
- Using advanced diagnostic equipment
- Examines vehicles and diagnoses non-routine defects, either in the workshop or during a road test, using a knowledge of the vehicles and technologies concerned
- Examines vehicles and reports defects against Department of Environment (MOT) and Vehicle Safety Report (VSR) standards
- Carries out each job within the budgeted time as set out in the Toyota Flat Rate Manuals – to maintain own labour productivity
- Works in accordance with workshop and Centre Health & Safety requirements
- Works with colleagues to maintain workshop standards of cleanliness and tidiness
- Takes personal responsibility for the daily maintenance of workshop equipment, and reports equipment defects or problems that need attention
- Coaches and supports apprentice technicians – for example by explaining a repair on a step-by-step basis as it is being carried out, or allowing an apprentice to carry out part of a job
- Provides assistance and guidance to colleagues who are less skilled or knowledgeable about a particular vehicle or technology
The John Roe Group employees over 100 people across four show rooms based over Lincolnshire and Humberside. Founded over 50 years ago we remain family-owned Toyota and Lexus Dealerships obsessed with Customer experience.
We offer a professional but rewarding environment for our employees. We ask you to live and breathe our Core values and our aim is to help you achieve your impossible, with growth opportunity available to those that Stand out and get recognised – For the right reason!
As one of the most famous brands in the world, here at Toyota, we put ‘kaizen’ or continuous improvement at the centre of everything we do. From the impact we have on the world around us, to building cars, to the experience a customer has in our retailers, we are always looking for ways to make things better. We recognise the importance of our people to the brand and are recognised as one of the best in providing automotive training, our team will help you to develop your skills and realise your ambitions.
Joining the Toyota team means that you will have the opportunity to be at the heart of our innovative brand, and really make a positive impact at the retailer you work for.