As a Sales Executive, you will be highly skilled at discovering customer needs and matching those with the right product. You’ll likely be someone who has previously worked in a similar role, as an automotive sales executive or retail executive, demonstrating your ability to deliver great customer experiences. You’ll get a buzz from personal interaction, listening and adapting, and guiding the customer towards the best choice for them. You’ll be ready to apply your in-depth product knowledge to build the closest possible match between product and customer. As a Sales Executive, you’ll be proud to represent Toyota and Curtis Cars, which you will demonstrate and exemplify in all your interactions with customers.
We are all Brand Ambassadors, we live and breathe the Toyota brand and values and are by nature passionate about the products and services that we offer. Joining us as a Sales Executive offers you the opportunity to develop your career with one of the world's most prestigious companies, working alongside some of the industry’s best talent. Toyota are the highest ranked Automotive Brand in the world and spend more on R&D than any other company, leading the way in Hybrid engine technology and innovation. We are constantly evolving so there is always something new just around the corner!
Does this sound like you?
- Highly skilled at discovering customers’ needs and following through with exciting solutions.
- A record of working within the automotive industry in a similar position.
- Enjoy working in a high-pressured environment, with a record of achieving challenging targets.
- Always curious with a willingness to learn and develop and stay on top of innovative products and complex technical information.
- Strong people and communication skills with the ability to quickly build rapport with our customers.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of issues; with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, offering help and support to others
- Listen and talk to customers, to uncover their needs and build trust and rapport.
- Be curious to learn and become ‘fluent’ in Toyota’s products and services in order to use knowledge appropriately in your sales conversations.
- Match customer to product and maximise opportunities through features and add-ons to suit.
- Guide customers, advise them and adapt to their approach and buying strategy whilst demonstrating the most suitable options.
- Encourage customers to experience the product through test drive.
- Ensure customer issues are resolved along the customer journey.
- Maximise opportunities for sales leads via multiple channels, following up calls, responding to enquiries, walk-in customers and online queries.
- Results-focused, strive for outstanding performance and a focus on solutions.
- Willingly learn and show an openness to change, new processes and new ideas in order to credibly respond to customers and qualify their expectations.
- Represent the Toyota brand and values, proudly serving as an ambassador for its network
Personal Skills we are looking for
- Strong communication skills – easily builds up relationships internally and with customers, pleasant and demonstrates humility.
- Strong interest in automotive and agility to learn about new products.
- Strong people skills - approachable, a good listener and empathetic to customer needs
- Extremely organised with great attention to detail
- Customer and service-oriented, in a busy high-pressure environment
- Analytical and quick thinking
- A team player
- A full UK driving licence.
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Flexible to work hours required to carry out the role effectively.
- This role requires you to be professional, have a smart personal appearance and have high standards of verbal and written communication
Experience & Qualification
- Good level of general education.
- Good IT skills, (MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and social media skills
- Previous work experience within an automotive sales environment is ideal but not essential.
- Interests that support your work life balance
- Basic Salary (with an uncapped commission)
- The average On Target Earnings (OTE) for our Sales Personnel in our Centre is £40K
- Commission and Salary will be reviewed on an annual basis.
- Preferential rates for servicing / repairs on your family’s cars.
- 28 days of holiday (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Contributory workplace pension scheme.
We are a family business with our staff at the heart of everything we do, we currently have a number of staff who have been with us for a long time. Our aim is to train, motivate and retain our staff and offer them a rewarding place to work. Your work with Curtis happens in tandem with your Toyota Brand Training to make you the best you can be.
Our desire for continuous improvement is also reflected in our recent achievements as a business. Just this year, Curtis Toyota won the Best Retailer in Town Award; this prestigious award recognises us as being the best dealer overall in the UK.
Curtis Toyota is proud to offer our local community a warm and professional welcome. At the start of 2023 we were recognised as being in the top 3 Toyota Dealerships for customer experience in the whole of the UK network. Our local community is everything to us and we support a number of local causes and charities.
As one of the most famous brands in the world, here at Toyota, we put ‘kaizen’ or continuous improvement at the centre of everything we do. From the impact we have on the world around us, to building cars, to the experience a customer has in our retailers, we are always looking for ways to make things better. We recognise the importance of our people to the brand and are recognised as one of the best in providing automotive training, our team will help you to develop your skills and realise your ambitions.
Joining the Toyota team means that you will have the opportunity to be at the heart of our innovative brand, and really make a positive impact at the retailer you work for.