Are you passionate about automotive and the systems and subsystems that make vehicles work? Do you enjoy problem-solving in the most efficient way? Are you willing to continually learn as the future of automotive evolves? As a technician, you’ll be confident communicating with different people, asking for help, and following procedures whilst always learning new skills and techniques. As a Toyota technician, you’ll be interested in working for the largest automotive manufacturer in the world. Working for Curtis, you’ll be able to thrive in an exciting environment where your role as Technician will be vital to the Centre’s success.
We are all Brand Ambassadors and live and breathe the Toyota brand and values. We are by nature passionate about the services and support that we offer our customers.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and culture – everyone is welcome. Joining us as a technician offers you the opportunity to thrive. You’ll develop your career with one of the world's most prestigious companies, working alongside some of the industry’s best talent. Toyota are the highest ranked Automotive Brand in the world and spend more on R&D than any other company, leading the way in Hybrid engine technology and innovation. We are constantly evolving so there is always something new just around the corner!
Does this sound like you?
- Aptitude, desire and ability to follow procedures and solve problems
- Always curious with a willingness to learn and develop in order to stay on top of latest innovation and new technology
- Confident communicator with both customers and colleagues
- A keen eye for detail and recognising the importance of giving every car in our workshop the highest standard of care
- Enjoy working in a high-pressured environment
- A can-do attitude
- Ability to support others with less experience eg. apprentices
- Ideally a record of working within the automotive industry in a similar position
- Carry out vehicle services and repairs, in accordance with Toyota GB technical standards, ensuring we deliver a great customer experience
- Examine vehicles, diagnose non-routine defects, with knowledge gained about the vehicles and relevant technologies
- Report defects against Department of Environment (MOT) and Vehicle Safety Report (VSR) standards
- Carry out jobs within budgeted time, maintaining your own productivity
- Take responsibility for daily maintenance of tools and equipment, reporting any defects
- Work in accordance with key Toyota or Centre processes
- Liaise with customers directly where relevant and appropriate, listening carefully to build rapport and answering questions in a warm and professional manner to summarise details of work required or carried out
- Coach and support apprentice technicians, explaining, guiding and enabling others to learn
- Attend specialised training as required.
- Work as a full member of the Centre team, working with colleagues to provide a seamless and outstanding service to customers
- Technical aptitude, process-driven, and a fast learner
- Organised in the workplace.
- Confident communicator and ready to ask questions and learn.
- Passionate about problem-solving and finding solutions to challenges.
- Able to talk easily with customers and translate technical terminology into clear language
Experience and Qualifications
- A full UK driving licence.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
- Flexible to work hours required to carry out the role effectively and travel.
- Ideally, 5 years of experience as a Vehicle Technician (not essential).
- You must be a Fully Qualified Vehicle Technician - Ideally NVQ Level 3.
- Previous work experience within an automotive repair environment is preferable.
- Interests that support your work life balance.
- Commission and Salary will be reviewed on an annual basis.
- Preferential rates for servicing / repairs on your family’s cars.
- 28 days of holiday (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Contributory workplace pension scheme.
We are a family business with our staff at the heart of everything we do, we currently have a number of technicians who have been with us for a long time. Our aim is to train, motivate and retain our staff and offer them a rewarding place to work. Your work with Curtis happens in tandem with your Toyota Brand Training to make you the best you can be.
Our desire for continuous improvement is also reflected in our recent achievements as a business. Just this year, Curtis Toyota won the Best Retailer in Town Award; this prestigious award recognises us as being the best dealer overall in the UK.
Curtis Toyota is proud to offer our local community a warm and professional welcome. At the start of 2023 we were recognised as being in the top 3 Toyota Dealerships for customer experience in the whole of the UK network. Our local community is everything to us and we support a number of local causes and charities.
As one of the most famous brands in the world, here at Toyota, we put ‘kaizen’ or continuous improvement at the centre of everything we do. From the impact we have on the world around us, to building cars, to the experience a customer has in our retailers, we are always looking for ways to make things better. We recognise the importance of our people to the brand and are recognised as one of the best in providing automotive training, our team will help you to develop your skills and realise your ambitions.
Joining the Toyota team means that you will have the opportunity to be at the heart of our innovative brand, and really make a positive impact at the retailer you work for.